A picture is worth a thousand words, and when it comes to businesses, a powerful picture is an incredible efficient tool for you and your company. In a world where there are more then millions images that bomb us every day, it’s important that yours outshines the rest. Furthermore, the human brain can process an image in just a few milliseconds, therefore the use of effective visuals sparks interest and engagement of the viewer in no time.
Whether you’re working on your new website, creating a flyer or writing an article, a great image is everything! Learning Adobe Photoshop allows you to create those impactful images to get interest in one single glance.
For betahaus | Academy, images are a big part of our content package, we wanted to look into the reasons why images are so much more impactful than a killer copy. Here are some facts about the impact of visual content on a user:
- 90% of information transmitted to the brain is visual, and visuals are processed way faster in the brain than text, therefore we respond quicker to it
- Colored visuals increase people’s willingness to read a piece of written content, as it makes it easier for us to stay interested and concentrated while reading it
- 46% of marketers say photography is critical to their current marketing and storytelling strategies
- Content with relevant images gets 94% more views than content without relevant images
- Visual content drives engagement, making it over 40-times likely to get shared on social media than other types of content. From analyzing Facebook posts with images we see a result of 2.3-times more engagement. While tweets with images received 150% more retweets than tweets without one
- Especially photos showing faces gets 38% more likes than photos not showing faces. Resource also find out that image showing one person is more likely to be attractive to the user, than images showing a group of people, as we are likely to devote our attention to one item
- Marketing executives believe that visual assets (photos, video, illustrations and infographics) are the core to how their brand story is communicated
“From our learning it is important to always consider the needs of your audience and not to push out content just so you can stick to a schedule.”
So, incorporating more visual content can have an enormous impact on your audience and encourage them to discover more about your company. Of course still paying attention that your written content serves the standards you wish to achieve. From our learning it is important to always consider the needs of your audience and not to push out content just so you can stick to a schedule. Take time and make it good! By using Adobe Photoshop you can generate high quality images which truly engage people, and by promoting it on a regular basis the reputation and awareness of your brand is sure to skyrocket.
Need for a visual content strategy boost? Join In-depth Photoshop course and be able to create engaging visual content by learning the basic skills of Adobe Photoshop.